A few Days back, I had posted on the release of the latest version of the Android – Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean comes with added features such as the offline voice recognition, better search features and an improved version of the notification bar. The latest Android is also better in terms of speed and performance as compared to its predecessors till date.
As the title suggests, the Samsung Galaxy S3 users now can avail the Jelly Bean Firmware on their mobiles. This was made possible by a well recognised developer named Faryaab, a member over at XDA.
What works and what doesn’t?
The following ones will work:
- Messaging / SMS
- Notification LED
- Physical Buttons
- Hardware Acceleration
The Following will not work:
- Audio (No Audio hence no Calls)
Before you proceed with the installation process, make sure that you backup the following:
- Backup the ROM with Nandroid Backup & Restore App.
- Call Logs
- APN Settings
- Other Important Data and applications (use Astro File Manger).
- It is important that your device is completely charged before you start of with the installation. Also uninstall Kies from your PC and disable the antivirus or the Internet Security in order to make the flashing process smooth.
- The Device drivers should be installed on your PC and the USB Debugging should be enabled on your device. This can be done by going to Settings > Applications > Development and enabling USB Debugging.
Instructions to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy SIII
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
- Download the latest version of the Android Jelly Bean ROM from here.
- After downloading, copy the files into the internal SD Card on your device.
- After that boot the ClockworkMod Recovery on your device. To do so, press and hold “Volume UP + Home + Power” button and wait for the device to boot.
- Wipe out the data from your device by selecting “wipe data/factory reset” and selecting Yes.
- In the next step, select “install zip from sdcard” >> “choose zip from sdcard” and select the zip file that you had copied earlier in the III step.
- After the installation completes, go back and choose “reboot system now”. That’s it!
Here is a video that might assist you in the process: